Friday, January 22, 2010

Out of Control

So I decided to get the Dexcom in Dec. because I felt out of control. Too many swings high and low. I was anxious about what my A1c would tell me despite the increase in exercise. I got the results this past Tuesday and they were just as I expected...not good. My last A1c back in April/May was 7.3 almost a year later and it's 7.7. I missed a test somewhere in between.

I mean I guess I shouldn't be so surprised or upset but I am. Yes I know 7.7 is not THAT high but I think I was kinda hoping for a miracle in that my assumptions were wrong. My other issue as of late is that I'm becoming so paranoid about lows. I'm having a bit too many and they are scaring me cuz I feel like I'm half dead when they come on...like I can't do anything. Once I'm on the up though I still feel drained. Mentally & physically.

I almost feel like I'm starting all over again. But I will keep plugging away. Testing, tweaking, watching, staying active. My CDE made a lot of minor changes so we shall see how it works out. I just need to stop the lows...it's messing me up. I don't like being constantly paranoid about it. I feel frustrated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen,

    Hang in there, and stay strong! You'll be in control of your highs and lows, don't feel frustrated.

    Best,
    Hua

    --
    Director of HealthBlogger Networks
    www.wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete