Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Countdown begins...

Ok so it's 4 days til my race!!! I'm starting to feel a little nervous and the next 2 days will be jam packed with things to do since I plan on doing nothing on Friday but work and sleep.

I went for an open water swim on Sunday to just time myself and see how long it takes me to complete the 1/4 mile and it should take me 20 minutes to do...so I'm thinking longer and will just say 30 min. (thinking on the safe side). On Monday I ran 3.5 miles in 50 min. so I was very happy that I did it. I had to wind up walking more but I was ok with that because I knew that's what would happen to me during the race. I'm not going to get another swim in but that's ok because I already know I can get throught the swim. Slowly but I'll do it ;).

Anywhoo...I'm super excited and at the same time really scared. I think I am so scared because it's something I have never done before and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm feeling the same way I felt the first time I did the JDRF Ride to Cure. Scared shitless lol.

I am about to embark on a new chapter of my life as an athlete. It's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time :). I'll chat with you later...goal for tomorrow - run 1.7 miles with my triabetic teammates.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment