Thursday, August 20, 2009

Motivation...or lack thereof

I've been zapped by the lazy bug. The humidity saturates the air making it unbearable just to walk to the corner. I haven't done any exercise since my Bear Mtn ride and it's making me feel like crap. This is not conducive to good training.

BUT guess what I did? I just got a little inspiration from my teammate Kevin from Triabetes. He's training for IMAZ (Ironman Arizona) and he's made the decision to not miss any more of his workouts to ensure that he is as prepared as he can be for the race. He's also going to try his best to take better care of his diabetes control.

While I've been lazy this week in terms of exercise I have also not been eating as well as I could be. I mean I have these goals of wanting to shave some time off of my 2nd sprint race, I want to continue in loosing weight (cuz guess what?? I have!!), I want to be better. Yeah I'm doing real good at being better with doing nothing! I tell you when I'm training I complain about it but I do always feel really good about it after wards. I've been in a spell of laziness lately but that's ending tonight. If Kevin can make that promise to train every night til IMAZ then I can make the promise to do SOMETHING everyday until my race. Whether it's working on my strength training I learned in PT, tracking my BG's and caloric intake for 1 week per month, running, swimming or biking I'll make the same promise. And I mean now that I've said it I kinda got to do it.

Thanks Kevin for the inspiration. Thanks for making me realize I'm not alone.

I'll keep you kids posted on progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment